How does your company rank in Google for the search term ‘translation services’?
Did you know that ‘translation services’ is the most competitive and most fought after search term on Google for LSPs and translation agencies?
Why? It brings in business.
As a result, many of the larger LSPs and translation agencies who see search engine optimization (SEO) as one of their key sales strategies invest heavily in SEO activities and search engine marketing (SEM).
The aim is simple – to try and get to #1 in SERPs [Search Engine Results Pages] when people type in ‘translation services’.
Do you know that the website which ranks #1 in Google SERPs receives 30% of the clicks? If you are #2 you would only receive 13% and if you are #3, only 10%. Once you fall out of the top 3, you slowly drop down to 2% if you rank #10 on page 1.
Every month we will be publishing a report on the top 20 SERPs for the English search term ‘translation services’ from both Google.com and Google.co.uk.
(If you’d like us to add more, then talk to us. We’ve added in results from Sweden, Australia and the Netherlands on this November report as examples.)
Learn How to SEO Your Translation Website
The aim of our monthly SERPs report will be to show LSPs and translation agencies what the top sites are doing in terms of key SEO metrics.
You may also want to compete for ‘translation services’ or other keywords such as ‘translation company’ – either way our report shows you what the successful websites are doing right
How does the report work?
We run some clever software to produce results on who is ranking in what position on Google; on top of that we also mine information on the particular web page.
These insights can give our readers practical tips on what they may need to do with their own websites in order to also start ranking high in search engine results.
Included in our report are SEO 16 metrics, details of which can be read in more detail once you download it.
Some of the key metrics we consider vital when looking at a website include:
- Title: A title tag is an HTML element that specifies the title of a web page. Title tags are displayed on SERPs as the clickable headline for a given result, and are important for usability, SEO, and social sharing.
- Heading: The header tag, or the <h1> tag in HTML, should ideally be the title of a post, or other emphasized text on the page. It will usually be the largest text that stands out.
- Majestic Backlink Count: A backlink is an incoming link from a different website or referring domain. Majestic is the name of the software company providing information for this and the two following metrics.
- Majestic Trust Flow: Trust Flow is a score based on quality, on a scale between 0-100. Majestic collated many trusted seed sites based on a manual review of the web. This process forms the foundation of Majestic Trust Flow. Sites closely linked to a trusted seed site can see higher scores, whereas sites that may have some questionable links would see a much lower score.
- Majestic Citation Flow: Citation Flow is a score between 0-100 which helps to measure the link equity or “power” the website or link carries. Citation flow is used in conjunction with “Trust Flow”. Together the Citation Flow and Trust Flow form the Majestic Flow Metrics algorithm which is considered important by most in SEO.
There are plenty of other metrics used by search engines to assess a website including site speed or response time which Google has indicated is one of the signals used by its algorithm to rank pages.
Top 5 Websites Ranking for ‘Translation Services’ on Google.com (Nov. 2017)
To find out how they fare in terms of the key SEO metrics, go to the ‘.com’ tab once you download the file.
Our report gives you the top 20 SERPs for ‘translation services’ on Google.com not just the top 5.
Top 5 Websites Ranking for ‘Translation Services’ on Google.co.uk (Nov. 2017)
To find out how they fare in terms of the key SEO metrics, go to the ‘.co.uk’ tab once you download the file.
Our report gives you the top 20 SERPs for ‘translation services’ on Google.co.uk not just the top 5.
As you can see, translationservices24.com have a lot to celebrate, dominating both the .com and .co.uk search results although in some countries it did not make even the top 20, illustrating the importance Google gives to local listings.
The Fastest Loading ‘Translation Services’ Site on Google.com
[Technically it was a government web page in New Zealand but we disqualified them for as they are not an LSP or translation agency.]
The Fastest Loading ‘Translation Services’ Site on Google.co.uk
Download your copy of our ‘Translation Services’ SERPs report for free!
Ready to dig into the details?
For now, we’re giving the report away for free.
Simply click here: TranslationServices_Google_SERPs_Nov2017 to grab a copy.
It is a simple, clean Excel file giving you all the data from the 16 SEO metrics mentioned above.